High performance & robustness in a compact space
Reducing CO2 emissions is at the forefront of many people’s minds. For a country like the Dominican Republic, regularly affected by hurricanes, it is more critical than ever to contribute ways to reduce its carbon footprint while becoming more energy independent in volatile markets.
One way to do this is to use anaerobic digestion to convert organic waste from sugar cane or bagasse into renewable energy. San Pedro Bioenergy (SPBE), a regional leader in cogeneration technology implementation, plan was to obtain electrical and thermal energy simultaneously using a 30MW turbine and a high-efficiency boiler.
SPBE’s challenge was to significantly reduce its operations’ carbon dioxide emissions while generating enough power for the CAEI Sugar Factory, the national grid, and a large industrial company. This is under an aggressive planned production cycle of 335 days with a maximum of 30 days of maintenance shutdown.
The AMECO Solution
An AMECO’s side scraper- part of our line of reclaimers, our most popular solutions – offered SPBE a unique value proposition that the competition could not match:
- 99.9%+ uptime
- Low total cost of ownership
- Excellent ability to handle cohesive materials from being disturbed by atmospheric conditions.
- Custom guiding system to lessen wear and tear on the scraper chains and reduce maintenance costs and repairs.
This value proposition is built upon AMECO’s rich set of real-life operational data.
- 90,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions offset per year, that is 10,127,152 gallons of fuel not emitted
- 50% reduction in scheduled maintenance showtime
Get in touch with us for your bulk handling equipment needsContact us
- Power Generation
Capacity (Ton per Hour)
- - Scraping
- - Longitudinal
- Supervision & Commissioning